Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Peek Inside My Journal: Going Bad

Do you ever have deep thoughts inspired by random things? I do.

Yes, this is a partially eaten avocado. 


We used a few slices for dinner last night when we had my mom and brothers eating with us. I was just going to throw the last bit away, because...you know...they get all brown and nasty looking.
But my mom stopped me and informed me that if you keep the pit in with it, the avocado pit will keep the rest of the avocado from going bad..
Did you know that? I didn't!

And guess what, it worked! An I had this awesome (GREEN) avocado to put on my sandwich today! =D

It made me think...just like the avocado needs the pit to stay close in order for it not to go bad, we need to stay close to God in order for our lives to not to go bad. There is a saying, "If you aren't moving forward (in your walk with God), then you are moving back." SO TRUE! I need to stay close to my source of life...JESUS! If I don't, I will end up like a brown, slimy day-old avocado. I may not Ben realize that I had become dead and a "stench" to my Maker instead of a "sweet smelling perfume".

"Dead flies make the perfumer's ointment give off a stench; so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor." (Ecclesiastes 10:1 ESV)

Want to share random thoughts from your journal?
Grab the button and link up below!



I am looking forward to hearing what you have to write.  This is going to be a weekly link up, so I hope you stick around!

Be blessed!

5 comments:

  1. wow, i did not know that about avacados! & what a great analogy, too. :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! We love avocados! Thank you for following us, we are following you back!
    Brooke from babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tip! I was using an avocado the other day and had no way to save it. I'm definitely going to try this next time :)

    PS- Clever way of using the avocado to give a message! Such a great lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great. and yes that does happen to me too. random things inspire me on the random topics.. hence my Monday MeetUp topic today =) which is where I found you!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete