Friday, May 18, 2012

As I Sit Here and Write...

...I am amazed by beauty.
My husband playing guitar and singing
God's goodness in constantly pulling me back to Him
The worshipful lyrics of the songs my husband is playing
The beauty found in the words of Isaiah
The gentle peace that can steal over my heart as I spend time thanking and praising my Maker
The soft tears that burn behind my eyes while I write...tears that I can't quite define...tears of thanks


I know that I haven't made the time to spend with Jesus the past few days.  And my heart has been hurting.  My heart and mind have been sorely tried with out the sustaining comfort of my Savior.

Don't get me wrong, He has been here for me and I have called out to Him, but the intimacy was strained.  I was not at rest in Him, I could not feel His presence so keenly, and the love seemed like a paling and fading memory.  The intimacy was not strong and real.

So tonight, I finally sat down, Bible and journal in hand, and spent time with my Maker.  It is glorious and amazing how a just of few minutes of reading His word and spending time aligning my heart with His can make all the difference.

I am praising my Savior. 
I am thankful for His comfort, His joy, and His peace.
I am thankful for His Son who has given me salvation.
I am thankful for time with Him.
I am thankful fot the beauty He fills my life with...beauty that points me back to Him.

I am blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I am just learning guitar and working on Revelation Song. my hopes are to be able to play any praise and worship song and eventually be able to play in church.
    It's Me Again, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging post! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post and it is true when we start to allow our lives to become overwhelmed with worldly things or responsibilities, inevitably our time with the Lord lessens and our soul can feel it.. Thanks to God that He allows us to realize and feel what we are missing and that He is always there.. All we need do at anytime is reach out to Him and we are right where we need to be :)
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's beautiful, Alesha! I'm looking fwd to reading more :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh... this is so beautiful Alesha. Your precious heart shines through your words.

    ReplyDelete