Thursday, February 2, 2012

By Him and For Him

He shall say, Surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength. To Him men shall come, And all shall be ashamed Who are incensed against Him. In the Lord all the descendants of Israel Shall be justified, and shall glory. (Isaiah 45:24, 25 NKJV)

In my devotions this morning (I woke up and did it this morning. Yay!), I was reading Isaiah 45. These last two verse really stuck out to me.

As believers we should all be able to say this with confidence! It is true isn't it? Without God giving us breath, without Him holding our very being together, we would not be alive. So in a practical sense we cannot live even a single moment without God giving us life.

But in day-to-day living do we draw our sustenance and life from God? Do we live in a day-to-day reality of the grace and justification we have in Him?

Do I live confidently because I know that the grace given to me makes me beloved and cherished daughter of the King?
Do I live in peace knowing that nothing can separate me from the love of God because I am justified in Jesus?
Do I love others because I know that I have been so boldly and completely loves by God through Jesus?
Do I live joyfully because I know that I don't have to be righteous in my own strength? My righteousness is DONE! It was completed in the life and death of Jesus. I am covered in the righteousness of Jesus.

I know that I often don't live this way, but simply reciting these truths to myself makes me excited to live for and serve Jesus! I hope they excite and encourage you in your walk as well.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment