Thursday, October 25, 2012

Healthy Mixed-Berry Pie

Last week, our dear friends, the Torick's, found out the gender of their baby....
So I made them a pie. =)

And the berry smeared. =( Oh well, it tasted fabulous...I thought. 


Let me preface this recipe by starting, this is NOT a sweet pie. It really emphasizes the naturally tart flavors of the berries and the crust has a saltier flavor that most pie crust. But it is buttery and flaky and I LOVE IT!



You can find the pie crust recipe in my Healthy Apple Pie Post

Filling:
4-6 cups of frozen mixed berries (mine had blueberries, raspberries, and marion berries)
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

2. Stir well and let sit for 15 minutes so the berries can defrost some.

3. While your berry mixture sits, roll out and prepare just over half your pie crust to be the bottom crust.

4. Stir the berry mixture again and pour into the prepared pie shell.

5. Roll out the remaining pie crust dough and place over the pie.

6. Roll the edges of your dough and use a knife to cut designs into the top crust.
{Note: Be careful not to let any of the filling leak onto the crust, otherwise you will end up with a splotchy design like I did. This is not easy...}



Then place a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream on top or simply enjoy it plain, like I did!

Be blessed.
Alesha <3

Linking Up:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word this looks amazing! :) I am such a pie lover, gotta try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete