Sunday, July 1, 2012

Guest Post: Light Brownie Cheescake Bars

Hello everyone, I am really excited to be guest posting for Alesha today. Please allow me to introduce myself
My name is Shirley and I blog at Motivated Mommy of Two. I am a mom to the two most wonderful kids and a wife to the most loving and understanding husband.
I love to write about what motivates me to keep going with my weight loss journey, the awesome times I spend with my family. And of course all of the different projects I like to work around the house.
Today I wanted to share with you a recipe I shared with my readers a couple of months ago.
I love brownies and who does not like cheesecake?? So when I saw this on Pinterest I needed to try it out.

One day after work I stopped at the grocery store and bought my ingredients:
I decided to try and make a light version of the desert.
Ingredients
  • Two boxes brownie mix, prepared according to package
  • 3 (8oz) 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Sugar (I used a little less than a cup)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup Light Sour Cream

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees 
  • Grease a 9x13 baking pan 
  • Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar

  • Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one 
  • Mix in vanilla and sour cream. Set aside



  • Prepare brownie mixes according to package directions

  • Pour and spread a little more than half of the mixture into the greased pan.

  • Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter

  • Spread the remaining batter evenly over the pan. 
  • Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cheesecake appears set when jiggled. (Mine baked for about 45 minutes) 
  • Allow it to cool, chill for several hours or overnight. (I left it overnight)

And in the morning the desert looked like this


I cannot begin to tell you how delicious this desert was, I could not stop eating it. I cut it into bite size pieces and when I was done I ended up with 38 of them.
I used My Fitness Pal to calculate the calories and it ended up being 153 calories per brownie. WHAT?!! No way??, yes way!!!, I was so glad when I saw that number because it made me feel a little less guilty.
Since I could not stop eating them. I took more than half to work and decided to share it with my co-workers. Placed the dish in the kitchen and I do not lie when I say that before lunch time desert was gone.
Please stop by and let me know if you guys tried the recipe. Alesha, Thank You for having me over.



This looks amazing! Thanks so much Shirley.
Be blessed!
<3

2 comments:

  1. These sound super yummy! I might have to make them for the hubby's coworkers very soon. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete