I made this delicious dinner a few weeks ago and then promptly forgot to share it with you all. =(
But here it is now!
(Sorry for the blurry photo)
For lack of a better name...
White Chicken Pasta
Ingredients for Chicken:
1-2 Defrosted chicken breast sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1. Saute the strips of chicken in olive oil. Cook on medium heat until partially cooked
2. Add one to two cloves of freshly pressed garlic
3. Add a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
4. Continue sautéing chicken until cooked through
Ingredient for Asparagus:
Garlic Cloves to Taste
2 tbs. water
1. On medium low, saute the asparagus in the olive oil, fresh pressed garlic, salt, and pepper (to taste).
2. After 10 minutes of gentle sautéing, add the water and cover.
3. Let the asparagus gently steam, stirring occasionally. Add more water if necessary.
(I didn't stir mine enough because I
wasn't paying attention was too busy taking pictures so they burned.)
Ingredients for White Sauce:
2 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
(or equal parts of the two)
fresh ground pepper
1. Melt the butter in your sauce pan on medium heat
2. Whisk in the flour
3. Add about a 1/4 cup milk
4. Whisk in the milk until it begins to thicken.
6. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to taste. Whisk.
5. Continue to add milk until you have the desired consistency.
6. Add a little water (because it will continue to thicken as it cools).
7. Take it off heat.
NOW...serve it all up and enjoy!
Let me know if you try it. I LOVE this meal!